Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Decor 101

Okay.
So I might have been a teensy bit panicked
when I looked downstairs
and saw this
right before I ran the other direction

Too big, found on roadside, Freecycle tree
Photo (c) b3 home designs

I'm panicked that
maybe
all the pieces won't be there
and that's why they gave it away

I'm panicked that once i put it up
I will need to decorate it the same day
and that exhausts me

I'm panicked that it is of the late 1900's style
faux tree
where you have to hook on all of the color-coded
(yes, you read that right)
branches into the right slots
and I'm certain I'm not color blind,
but I'm also certain I never get the slots that look
gray and/or light purple
or lime and/or yellow
or pink and/or fuschia

quite right.  And, of course
those branches are always the layers
closest to one another.

So, I took a deep breath,
and I did this instead

Just a little Christmas
Photo (c) b3 home designs

Went downstairs
Busted open a box
saw some ornaments
Placed them on the cake stand
that I almost sprayed gold to go with
my wedding colors
(so glad I didn't)
and stuck all the stars
(yes, also from the wedding decor)
in a little orchid glass vase holder
(which, the puppy mutt promptly chewed up)
and called
it
good

Happy decorating!
Moral of the story:
It all starts somewhere
The tree will happen when it happens

No comments:

Post a Comment

You KNOW you have an opinion about it, already. So spill it. Spark up a conversation...